Tuesday, August 11, 2009

love & LOTUS

I love the Buddhist philosophy. I read it often to make my head clear and my heart happy.
The very first ring I ever made for myself I designed based on the lotus flower (a buddhist symbol of love). I since designed a range around this called love&LOTUS. Currently there are charm necklecaes with the love or lotus symbol on them and earrings that come as a mixed pair.
They are available in stores now.

love: Since the beginning of time people have searched for the meaning of love but even the greatest philosophers with their profound definintions could not fully touch it's true essence.

LOTUS: The lotus grows in the muddy water of still ponds and lakes. The magnificent blossom unfolds gradually, one petal at a time, till full-bloom in the morning when the sun's rays touch the flower. As the lotus awakens and blooms at the first rays of the morning sun, the interdependence between the lotus and the sun is a symbol of love.

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared". Buddhist quote

A great place to read about Buddhism online: www.buddhanet.net

No comments:

Post a Comment