Monday, July 26, 2010

Mixta - San Miguel de Allende

A few months ago I squealed with excitement telling my boyfriend how my jewellery was now being stocked in 'his country'! My boyfriend is Mexican so it is especially exciting to have my jewellery stocked such a long way from home.
I have just returned from my first 'real' trip to Mexico. (Yes, I am deeming crossing the border into Tijuana for 1 day in the 90's invalid!). We visited my boyfriend's family, travelled around this beautiful country and of course made a trip to meet our stockist in Mexico.

Mixta is located in San Miguel de Allende an absolutely gorgeous city with cobblestone roads, colonial architecture and the most stunning church made from pink granite. The owner Anna is such a lovely, welcoming lady and has filled her beautiful store with giftware and homewares she travels and sources; from cushions to Mexican print aprons, bags, artworks & books.
It was such a pleasure to meet Anna and to have barton&bell sitting alongside all the other wonderful things in her store.

Mixta

Here are some pictures I took when I was in San Miguel.

The beautiful pink granite church (we are the tiny little humans below!)

A section from a mural depicting the history of Mexico.

A beautiful sunset overlooking the city (taken with Margarita in one hand and camera in the other!)

San Miguel de Allende.

If you are in Mexico or go visit some day you must head to San Miguel.
And if you are in San Miguel some day you must head to Mixta and say hello to Anna!

Ok, one last photo just for a laugh!
Secretly this is my favorite photo taken in San Miguel - me with a donkey!
(My poor boyfriend indulged my love for silly tourist photos and snapped this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment