Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jill Barber

Last Sunday was a very special day for me. One of my very favorite female musicians Jill Barber was out touring Australia from Canada and I was going to get to see her perform live so I was feeling pretty fortunate.

Jill Barber is a double Juno-nominated and multi-East Coast Award Winning singer songwriter from Canada. Her music is just about the prettiest thing you could ever hear.
I admire Jill's music, the feeling of being transported back in time by it and the romantic sentiment but I also love her sense of style and class. These are all things I am inspired by when I create my jewellery.
I decided that day that it would be a dream come true to have Jill Barber one day wear my jewellery.
And so off I went to her show...with a gift box of jewellery, and fingers tightly crossed...

A few hours later and to my absolute joy Jill enters the venue, having unpacked my box, wearing barton&bell earrings!

Jill wearing barton&bell carved bone heart earrings.

It was such a thrill to see someone I admire so much wearing my jewellery.
Jill told me how much she loved the jewellery and it just made my day.

On stage performing.

And the icing on the cake...
Yesterday I received an email from Jill thanking me for the jewellery and telling me again how much she loved it...
"I love your work... it is so intricate and beautiful... and totally my style!"

Now, treat your ears....


www.jillbarber.com

No comments:

Post a Comment